Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cold & rainy Sunday

Well the great weather couldn't hold out for too long. It wasn't too bad, but after last week, it was hard to put the long tights back on. I went out early for a 6 mile loop, keeping the pace at about 7:30. Then met up with Rudiger, Jeff and Erin- not quite as many as the usual Sunday crew, but still great to be running with others. We split into two groups pretty quickly into the loop up to the dam, Rudiger and Jeff, and Erin and me. Erin kept a solid pace under 8 for the whole way, and I really enjoyed the conversation on the run. On the way back I asked her if she wanted to pick it up a bit for the last mile down Court St. We were doing about 7:20 with about 1/2 mile to go, and with the last little bit a slight down hill, I let it fly to Main St. I got down to about 6:40. I really like to run hard towards the end of a run. Back on Main Street got me to about 18, so while Erin went in for coffee, I continued on the bike path for another 2. I kept it at 7:20/7:09 for my last two miles, so I feel good about that, especially for running hard up to the dam and back. Rudiger and Jeff had added a bit onto their run as well, and we met back at Brewbakers. A little easier to get a table with such a small group, plus daylight savings time keeps people from getting out too early.
So I made it to 50 for the week, and I'm looking forward to the days being light later next week. Hopefully the weather will be as good as last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment