Sunday, April 11, 2010

Small Sunday Group Run

I got in my last real run before Boston, 11 miles at marathon pace (hopefully). 7:25 seemed pretty easy, so with good nutrition and sleep this week, we'll see how things go. I did the early route for the first 5 1/2, then met with Ann and Erin, who decided to run up to the dump and back (12 miles). Most everyone else was at the Great Bay 1/2. I did the first mile with them, then picked up the pace a bit for a couple more before turning around. The way back flew, with 2 of the 3 miles under 7. A little faster than I probably should have run, but it felt good, the wind was at my back, a beautiful day and a slight downhill. How could you ask for more. Right now they are calling for a high temp of 57 on the 19th, so I think it should be a good day. This weeks track workout will be short, 6 X400 at 1:25 or so, then a couple of 3-5 milers at marathon pace. Rest the legs and focus the mind.

4 comments:

  1. Seems like all systems are a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are doing well too. Great race- and way to go getting the wednesday workout into the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really excited for you James. I will not be at the workout Wednesday so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mark. Sorry you won't be there, I haven't seen you in a while. Sounds like you are putting in a lot of quality miles.

    ReplyDelete