Saturday, April 24, 2010

Back on the track, road and trails

I made it out for the Wednesday track workout, and although I was a little stiff, it went fine. My calves and back are the only lingering issues from the marathon, so I'm grateful for that. The workout went well, I was planning to do just a few easy 400s. I met up with Dan, who had planned to do 2 mile repeats. I told him I would do alternating laps with him, to keep him on pace of about 6:45. I ended up doing 400/800/800/400, with 400 jog between each. I felt good about it, and then the cool down on the trail for about 2 1/2 miles. Everything felt fine, and I was glad to be on the soft trails.
I still had a little stiffness thru out the week, and didn't run.
Saturday I went out on the trail for about 5 miles, and was a little stiff to begin with, but once I got moving I felt fine. I think that is how it will be for the next week or so, but again, glad to be out there. Sunday will be with the regular group, possibly up to the dump, about 12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment