Thursday, April 15, 2010

Final Wednesday Prep

The last little tune up went well. A beautiful day, a not too tough work out, and the chance to watch some really great runners sharpening their skills. I've said it before, but I really feel honored to be among such a fast and welcoming group. The Keenyans were: Andy, Justin, Greg, Jeff, Peter, Dan, Erin and me. Andy and Justin were doing mile repeats. I ran the first 400 with Andy, because my 400m pace is about the same as his marathon pace. I would have liked to have done a few more, but our laps just didn't sync up. Justin looked like he was running super strong for his miles. I felt good for my 8 X 400, and I kept pretty even splits. I ran one extra with Erin for her last lap, and when I finished, I turned around to see Peter barreling down the track, looking like a locomotive with a full head of steam. Awesome tends to be an over used word, but not in this case. His stride is really amazing to watch. Dan and Erin both put in solid workouts, and they are both looking stronger and more comfortable with the track stuff. The cool down was the usual 2 1/2 mile on the rail trail. After such a light work out and with the weather so nice, I felt like I wanted to do a lot more, but I think I'd better save it. The table is getting pretty packed at Armadillos afterwards, and it's always a good time.

My times were:
1:21/1:21/1:23/1:22
1:21/1:21/1:24/1:21/1:33

1 comment: