Monday, December 13, 2010

Wet, Rainy, Icy...Beautiful.

Sunday's weather was not looking so great, but as usual, when you finally got out there, it wasn't too bad. It did make it a bit more challenging, but when we made it onto the trail, the footing was better. I started off with my regular 5 mile loop before meeting the Sunday group at 9.  The roads were pretty slick in spots, and George St and North Lincoln were especially tough.  It wasn't as cold as I had thought it would be, but the rain and sleet were starting to come down a little harder. Back at Brewbakers, I was able to persuade the group to hit the rail trail in order to stay off the roads as much as possible. Nick and I started out, and were soon joined by Jeff. I think we were all thinking of doing about 10 miles, but on the way up towards the dump, it was going so well that we all decided to keep going to the bridge.  The trees gave us a little shelter from the elements, the footing was good, and the conversation helped the miles go by easy.  On the way back we ran past Boj and Goupil looking strong. I stopped to say hi to Beth and Andy later on, and Jeff decided he would make me pay to try to catch back up with them.  The last 1/2 mile or so, past The Colony Mill, was the most brutal part.  I had decided to try to kick it up at the end, and it was like running with a parachute thru freezing sprinklers.  I was running about as hard as I could and I seemed to be hardly moving. I don't know what it is, but sometimes once you make the decision to head out, the worse things get the more fun it becomes.
All in all, it was a good week for me, and feel like I am in a good place to start training.
Here are the week's totals.

MONDAY : 3 mi @ gym, light workout
TUESDAY : 9 mi
WEDNESDAY : 8 mi w/ track workout
THURSDAY : 2 mi w/ Frankie, 3 mi@ gym & Nautilus
FRIDAY : 5 mi FART (8 runners, 1 in a stroller)
SATURDAY:
SUNDAY : 18 mi

TOTAL : 48 mi 

Next week, about the same, with the start of the Run Less, Run Faster Training Schedule.  Track, Tempo and Long Runs will be hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment