Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wednesday Recap

It took a while to warm up for the first Baker Street Runaround, but it was sure a good time.  The word went out that the High School was frozen, and we all made it back to the SBW parking lot.  I hope Clint got the message and wasn't running at the track by himself.  Halfway thru the warmup we joined the Keene State crew.  Or should I say, they joined us(INC). But it seemed like the idea of a workout scared them off, so when we turned towards Baker Street, they headed off to run thru town.  The big guns were doing some fast stuff, but my training schedule called for 3 x 1600.  I wasn't too sure how it would go, I've got a bit of a chest cold and I did a short tempo thing yesterday.  But Brad was up to give it a try, so off we went.  I did 2, right on target at 6:00, with only about 1:45 rest.  But at the start of the third I was really feeling it in my chest, so I bagged it and finished up with a few 200s.  I feel really good about where I am right now, compared to a year ago at this time when I first came out with this group. I think I am about 10-15 seconds faster in my mile pace for training.

Results:
2 x 1600, 4 x 200
6:00 / 6:00 / 38 / 36 / 39 / 37

Sad to say there is no obvious replacement for the 17M crown.  There was talk of the best Main Street Mile performance, but that is far too subjective.  This is running, not figure skating or gymnastics.  It will be a long wait till spring. It's all about timing, ain't it Clint?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment