Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wednesday with the Keenyans...

Another good workout for me. Even though I run the intervals by myself, and it's a bit of a struggle to stay up with those guys for the warm up and cool down, it's great to be part of such a strong group of runners. Justin, Andy, Greg, Mark & BoJo. They can all put in some pretty sick times, and as long as I only get passed once or twice I feel good. They are all very encouraging, and I never feel like they have to wait for me or are going a little slow for the old guy. It's a great accent and contrast from the Sunday Long Run for me. Everyone from both groups has the same enthusiasm and camaraderie for the sport, with no judgement. But it's one thing to feel like when you are going fairly easy and you're pushing the group. And quite another to be running as hard as you can just to keep up. I am really looking forward to see where this can take my running.

I did 2(6 X 400) repeats, with a 400 recovery between reps. and I walked the 400 between sets.

1:20/1:24/1:26/1:26/1:26/1:24
1:28/1:30/1:28/1:30/1:30/1:27

Even most of the recovery laps were fairly decent speed, and no resting at the starting line- just right into another 400. Cool down of about 3 miles or so, with a 2 1/2 mile warm up. Total of about 11 1/2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment