Monday, May 24, 2010

Sunday to the Dump

Sunday was a perfect day for a run to the dump. A few of the regulars were joined by Justin and Jeff from the Wednesday track group. The group consisted of Rudiger, Jeff R, Erin, Justin, Jeff Goupil and Me. We started out up the bike path, with Justin, Jeff, Erin and me at about 7:45 pace. Erin is getting ready for the 1/2 at VCM, plus she ran a race on Saturday, so she dropped back after a mile or so. I've been feeling a lot of congestion lately, I think it's allergies, so the pace for me was comfortable, but still a little hard. The weather was great, and when we made it to the rail trail, the shade and soft dirt made for really nice running. Justin won the Bedford 12K, and I enjoyed hearing the recap of the race from him and Jeff. As usual, the way back made for some easy and faster miles, soft, shade and slight downhill. Very enjoyable at about 7:15. But as we got out of the shade, things heated up and I was glad we only had a mile or so to go. Justin looks super strong and smooth, and Jeff if getting right back into the swing of things after dealing with some knee problems. I really enjoy all the different people I run with. Somehow I always end up in the middle, between older & younger, faster & slower. I get so much out of it no matter who I run with. I'm just glad I can keep up with these guys on their easy miles.
Tonight is the Greenfield Summer Sizzler, but I don't think I will be able to make it. Tomorrow I am planning to do some hill repeats to try you get ready for the Mount Washington race.

No comments:

Post a Comment