Thursday, May 20, 2010

Keenyanday

It was a good, although still fairly light track workout. I still don't have too much direction without a race on the schedule. It was a good showing at the track, with most of the usual group and a few newer members. Good for me, because they are about my speed. Mark, Justin, Andy, Bojo, Jeff, Brad, Bill and me. I hadn't decided what to do, and Brad and Bill were going to do 2x800, 4x400 and 2x200. Sounded good to me, and the pace was about right, so after the usual warm up and some striders, we got into it. Started out a little fast, but I was able to keep fairly even splits. It seemed to be over pretty quickly, and at the end I was feeling like I should do a little more, but I opted not to. I gotta get a little more focused. Justin and Mark were looking great as they cruised 800s in about a 4:40 pace. Strong and smooth. My split times were:

800s
2:53/2:56
400s
1:21/1:21/1:22/1:24
200s
37/38

Definitely a short workout. But I'm looking forward to this weekend, because Justin and Jeff are planning to meet up with the Sunday group. An easy 15 miles at 7-8 min pace for them should be a good tempo run for me, something I haven't done in a while. Mount Washington is in 4 weeks, so next week I'm planning to do some more hill repeats, and begin keeping track of my mileage again.

No comments:

Post a Comment