Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wednesday Workout

The rain and sleet let up yesterday afternoon for the weekly run with the Keenyans, and it was a good workout.  I feel like I am finally putting together a string of good runs/weeks, and it couldn't come soon enough.  After Sunday's long run and Tuesday's long tempo, I wasn't too sure how my legs would hold out on the Baker Street track.  The plan had called for 3x mile, but I knew after the first it was going to be a little too difficult.  Brad was doing mile/2x8/2x4/2x2, and that sounded much better to me.  Clint was there for the first time in a while, and he was a great pace setter.  I know I'm doing ok if I'm just a few ticks behind him for each 200 or so.  I think it turned into an even better workout than what I had originally planned, because the total effort was about the same, but with the shorter reps the intensity keeps building.  On the last 200 Brad started a couple of seconds late, then flew by me trying to catch Clint.  It was close, and he started to fade with the last 50 meters or so, but he still kept it strong.  I doubt if I could count how many times I've said what a pleasure it is to run with such a fun and talented group, all at their own levels, and all working hard for their own improvement.
Boj and Jeff were looking good, running fast and smooth 4s & 2s. And Mark and Greg looked great getting ready for New Bedford, doing a kind of pyramid. Obviously nothing is effortless, but they really looked to be gliding thru their reps.
Armadillo's was fun as usual, but it reminds me of a saying about cars: "Good, fast, cheap.  Pick two." Well, with the $5 burritos, the $2 drafts, the conversation and speed at the Keenyan table, it's 3 for 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment