Friday, January 7, 2011

Baker Street

Ok, I hate this song and I've heard it about 10,000 times too often, but hey, Gerry Rafferty just died so you gotta show a little respect.  Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street.
The Wednesday Workout went well for me this week.  There was a great turn out this week, 10 Keenyans.  I was planning to run 4 x 800 @ 2:52.  After the warm up I was surprised to see that Brad, Boj and Clint  were all interested in doing the work out.  This was the largest group I have ever run a workout with on Wednesdays, I was pretty psyched.  Of course, when I told Roma about it later, she had to remind me that one was injured, one was recovering from the flu, and one has had open heart surgery. I can always count on her to put things in perspective.   So, anyways, we started out, and the first two rounds went great, 2:52 on the button.   Clint pulled out a little on the second, for something like 2:49.  Brad seemed like he was tiring a bit, and Boj was running steady. The 3rd was still good for me, 2:54, with Clint turning it on for about 2:42.  I started to die on the last round, coming in at 2:58, but I really feel like I ran the whole thing hard and it was my best speed workout for the beginning of my training.  It was really great running around town with such a big group afterwards, and Armadillos was great too.  Plus with the new $5 burrito night & $2 beers, I'll have to quote from an earlier blog "certainly Armadillo's is, as a matter fact, generally quite fun indeed. It is unquestionably the de facto spot for post run meal and conversation. Really."  Plus now it's cheap.

2 comments:

  1. James...

    There is a Foo Fighters song "Baker Street" as well! Good to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a remake of the Gerry Rafferty original. Great ti see you back out there as well.

    ReplyDelete