Sunday, November 21, 2010

Saturday & Sunday Runs

A good run on the Rail Trail on Saturday, up to the dump. The first 2 miles or so are always just a warm up, then it's a good 2 1/2 miles past Hurricane. The light was just starting to fade, but I was feeling good. I cruised up in 37:30, about a 8:05 pace. Certainly not blistering, but it felt steady with the slight incline. I took just a short break to watch the sky over the dump, always something of a spiritual moment, and headed back to see if I could make it back in 1:10 total. I felt as good as I have in a long time, and really tried to push it the last mile or so. I ended up at 1:10:15, so it was 32:45 for the return trip, about 7:05. Again, not blistering, but good for me right now. I would like to see if I can get the route down to 1 hour, 33 up, 27 back. I only need to drop a minute per mile. Doable by spring if all goes well.

On Sunday I was tired, both from the previous afternoon, and last night I helped install benches in the cafe till about midnight. Spent the night on the couch, then woke up at 6:30 when the morning person came into work. Newt showed up at 8:00, and he and I went out to do the Cranberry Run course before the usual Sunday group showed up. The group headed up to the waterfall off Old Concord Road, and it was a nice, easy pace for about 6 miles or so.

I am looking forward to the Cranberry Run on Thursday. And to anyone who is reading this, if you want coffee after the race, stop on by. We will be closed, but I know there will be a few coming by after the race, and the more the merrier. It's on me. There may even be a few day old muffins. Just in case you need a few extra calories on Thanksgiving.

Week Totals for Nov.15 thru Nov.21
MONDAY :
TUESDAY : 5.5 mi.
WEDNESDAY : 8 mi. w/workout
THURSDAY : 3 mi. Plus short gym workout.
FRIDAY : Dylan in Amherst (gotta count as a cross training day)
SATURDAY : 9.5 mi.
SUNDAY : 12 mi.

TOTAL : 38.0 mi.

No comments:

Post a Comment