Friday, September 17, 2010

Looking forward to Pisgah

I've had a couple of fairly good runs the last few weeks. The Wednesday Keenyan workout was one of them. Justin had the plan to do 3 X 600/400/300/200. It sounded ok to me, so while he and Andy were finishing their warm up, I got started so as not to get lapped too often. I kept all my recovery periods to about a minute, usually walking a hundred yards or so. The 600's were definitely the hardest. It was hard to hold pace for the last 1/2 lap. But I felt good about my 400's. 9 months ago or so when I began running with this group, I was just trying to keep my 400 time under 1:35, and I could usually hit 1:30. Now I feel comfortable at 1:23. If I can get them to 80 sec, and my 800's at about 2:50 +, I will be very happy.
As for other runs, I did the rail trail to the dump a couple of times this week. Always a good run, and an ego booster. Sunday I ran with the Brewbakers crew. Jeff and I did 'Death Hill'. That is a well named run. I think I may have to go back and try to do a couple of repeats on it before the winter sets in.
I've been trying to be a little more consistent with the running, even though I don't feel like I am in training mode. But I feel stronger than I did this time last year when I was training for the DeMar. I am really looking forward to Pisgah, and if all goes well, try to break 2 hours. That's about a 8:25 pace overall. But in Pisgah anything can happen. We'll see.

My track results were:
2:04/1:23/1:02/:38
2:10/1:23/1:01/:37
2:11/1:21/:59/:37

No comments:

Post a Comment